Milk kefir is great, but it is also great used many other ways.
Milk kefir can be used in recipes to combine with or replace milk, buttermilk, sour cream, mayo & other liquids.
Tips when using milk kefir in recipes instead of milk, sour cream etc:
- When replacing milk or buttermilk in recipes you may need to add just a bit more milk kefir if it is thick.
- When replacing sour cream you might want to add a bit less milk kefir unless it has gotten thick.
- When replacing mayo depending on the recipe you might want to mix half & half with mayo.
- When balking it is pretty easy to use milk kefir to replace milk, sour cream, buttermilk etc.
- In cooking recipes or cold salads you might want to start off with a little & go by taste.
I have found these to be great uses, just make sure when experimenting with using kefir that you go by taste & do not overdo it.
- In biscuits, oh my goodness using milk kefir to replace milk or buttermilk & letting them set just a bit makes the most amazing biscuits. I love to make drop biscuits using milk kefir.
- In Pancakes, waffles & muffins.
- Gravies (less is more when adding to gravies).
- Mashed potatoes
- Cake & cake frosting
- Cream soups & chowders
- Ice cream
- Potato salad (& other cold salads)
- Deviled eggs
- Top baked potatoes
- in dressings
- To make cheese (find out how to make milk kefir cheese here)
Oh my goodness I know I have forgotten some uses, but you get the idea, use your imagination.
Just remember heating the kefir does loose some of the probiotic benefits but it is still a healthy alternative.
I will be sharing recipes for some of these uses on my blog soon.
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree