I often described Niaouli EO as the combined scent of tea tree & a camphor kinda eucalyptusy combo.
Niaouli essential oil really is one of my favorites for both scent, varying uses & versatility.
Niaouli EO for aches, acne, bronchitis, colds, coughs, cuts, dull skin, flu, oily skin, sore throat, whooping cough, digestive system, boils, abscesses, insect bites & stings. It is analgesic, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, bactericidal, balsamic, cicatrisant, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge, insecticide, stimulant, vermifuge & vulnerary. Niaouli is a powerful, stimulating skin cleanser.
Niaouli oil can be thought of as a gentler version of tea tree oil that is great for sensitive skin.
In my home Niaouli EO is a favorite.
Here are just a few of my blog posts where I mention using Niaouli EO.
- Our (Top 6) favorite essential oils, with my top 13 listed – DIY, Health, Body care, cleaning & more
- Skin care – DIY Recipes using Rosehip Oil
- How I use my Cool Mist Humidifier and Diffusers – Essential oil, peroxide, vinegar, colloidal silver – Recipes – Stay well
- DIY Natural Skin and Face Wash for Skin Health and Skin Issues, Recipes
Other ways we use Niaouli EO.
- Wound care: Niaouli has antiseptic properties making it perfect for protecting wounds & healing. It is also bactericidal so it kills bacteria & is great to inhibit bacteria growth & prevent infections. I like to mix a couple drops with just a bit of aloe gel or fractionated coconut oil & apply to wound, sometimes I mix in activated charcoal too.
- Joint pain: Mix with a carrier oil, rub in & feel the effect.
- Decongestant: I use it in my humidifier/diffusers like above in the blog post. Also easy to mix with shea butter or a carrier oil as a chest/vapor rub. (recipes here just use Niaouli in the recipe).
- Cleaning: In a spray bottle add 5 to 10 drops of Niaouli EO, you can just fill the spray bottle with water, or add white vinegar & water or peroxide. Great disinfecting multi surface, multi purpose cleaner.
- Skin care: Niaouli EO is milder than tea tree oil with the same benefits, that makes it great for skin issues & for those with sensitive skin. Either add a drop to your daily cleaner in your hand or make your own skin care products & add Niaouli. Try using some of these recipes & mixing in niaouli: Natural DIY Skin care ideas.
- Foot bath/soak: Tired feet, dry skin, toe nail fungus & more, we use a foot bath with Niaouli EO, baking soda & peroxide.
Essential oils I personally like to mix with Niaouli EO in my recipes:
- Lavender, eucalyptus & niaouli
- Peppermint & niaouli
- Pine & niaouli
- Tea tree & niaouli
- Eucalyptus, peppermint & niaouli
Buy on Amazon:
- Niaouli essential oil
- Plant Therapy essential oils & carrier oils
- Activated charcoal powder
- Spray bottles
- Aloe gel
- Shea butter
- Fractionated coconut oil
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
To contact me to review your product go here.