Soaks & Ramblings
It is March 2nd already & we woke up to the most beautiful snow here in TN.
As I have said before I love winter, heat makes me sick & I fled FL life to get me some winter life
But on days like today a soaking bath can be amazing.
Ahh to soak in a bath just because, that is sometimes my escape to be by myself, other times I get lost in my photography, especially snow photography I get totally lost in taking snow pictures.
If you ever feel like you are getting sick or are just aching from a chronic condition or from recent activity this soak works great, I use it to ward off sickness even with my kids, pre teens & teens. I have used it for fevers to but we don’t make it as hot if anybody is running a fever.
These soaks have amazing therapeutic abilities for many conditions & they can be used in your wellness routine. great for aching legs & restless leg syndrome as well as for healthy normal detoxing process, for stress, sore muscles, help when you have trouble sleeping, for dry skin, rashes, hives etc. And works wonders for relieving soreness caused by physical activity or fibromyalgia pain, Also great to prevent cold & flu or relief of symptoms also great for the immune system.
Soreness, Aches & Pains relief
- 1/2 Cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 Cup sea salt
- 1/2 Cup baking soda
- 1/2 Cup peroxide
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 to 10 drops eucalyptus &/or rosemary essential oils
- (another great choice is Lavender essential oil)
- Add to hot bath & soak 30 minutes to an hour (make the bath as hot as you can stand it)
- After bath rub body with raw coconut oil &/or Wheat Germ oil (more info on ACV)
Detoxing daily foot soak
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup of food grade or drug store hydrogen peroxide 3%
- Optional add, 2 tbsp sea salt &/or 1 tbsp red clay or bentonite clay),
- Mix well in the hottest water you can tolerate in a tub for your feet,
- soak feet 15 min to 1/2 hr
- try to do every day.
- After the foot soak rub unrefined coconut oil &/or unrefined wheat germ oil into the feet (or Olive oil)
For whole body just increase the amounts
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 1 to 2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup peroxide 3%
- Optional add 1/2 cup sea salt & or red clay or bentonite clay
- add to hot running water,
- when tub is full to desired level soak 15 min to 1/2 hour
- After soaking dry off & rub unrefined coconut oil &/or unrefined wheat germ oil on skin
try to keep hair out of tub water with the peroxide if you are concerned, but we never have issues & even use peroxide on our dark hair in no poo recipes with no fading or color change.
Options: to add to oils to rub feet or body, for soreness or swelling add rosemary essential oil, for relaxing, headaches etc add lavender essential oil, for cold & flu add peppermint, spearmint or eucalyptus (add 1 to 3 drops essential oil per tabs of oil)
To pin this post on Pinterest
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
I am NOT a doctor. This page is for education only, and is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always talk with your health practitioner before taking any herbs or supplements.
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own.
- To contact me: Go here
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids