Soaks & Baths for pain, relaxing & beyond.
Ahh to soak in a bath just because, that is sometimes my escape to be by myself, other times I get lost in my photography, especially snow photography I get totally lost in taking snow pictures.
If you ever feel like you are getting sick or are just aching from a chronic condition or from recent activity this soak works great, I use it to ward off sickness even with my kids, pre teens & teens. I have used it for fevers to but we don’t make it as hot if anybody is running a fever.
These soaks have amazing therapeutic abilities for many conditions & they can be used in your wellness routine. great for aching legs & restless leg syndrome as well as for healthy normal detoxing process, for stress, sore muscles, help when you have trouble sleeping, for dry skin, rashes, hives etc. And works wonders for relieving soreness caused by physical activity or fibromyalgia pain, Also great to prevent cold & flu or relief of symptoms also great for the immune system.
Soreness, Aches & Pains relief
- 1/2 Cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 Cup sea salt or dead sea salt
- 1/2 Cup baking soda
- 1/2 Cup peroxide
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 to 10 drops eucalyptus &/or rosemary essential oils
- (another great choice is Lavender essential oil)
- Add to hot bath & soak 30 minutes to an hour (make the bath as hot as you can stand it)
- After bath rub body with raw coconut oil &/or Wheat Germ oil (more info on ACV)
Detoxing daily foot soak
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup of food grade or drug store hydrogen peroxide 3%
- Optional add, 2 tbsp sea salt &/or 1 tbsp clay powder
- Mix well in the hottest water you can tolerate in a tub for your feet,
- soak feet 15 min to 1/2 hr
- try to do every day.
- After the foot soak rub unrefined coconut oil &/or unrefined wheat germ oil into the feet (or Olive oil)
For whole body just increase the amounts
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 1 to 2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup peroxide 3%
- Optional add 1/2 cup pink salt &/or clay powder &/or bath salt or dead sea salt
- add to hot running water,
- when tub is full to desired level soak 15 min to 1/2 hour
- After soaking dry off & rub unrefined coconut oil &/or unrefined wheat germ oil on skin
try to keep hair out of tub water with the peroxide if you are concerned, but we never have issues & even use peroxide on our dark hair in no poo recipes with no fading or color change.
Options: to add to oils to rub feet or body, for soreness or swelling add rosemary essential oil, for relaxing, headaches etc add lavender essential oil, for cold & flu add peppermint, spearmint or eucalyptus (add 1 to 3 drops essential oil per tbsp of oil). Be careful with mint essential oils, they can burn sensative skin & use less rather than using more.
Simple: To me there is nothing better than mixing epsom salt, baking soda & eucalyptus EO together in a soaking bath. Great for muscle relief, stress relief, respiratory & lung health.
Buy items on Amazon:
- Clay powder
- Terramin clay powder
- Redmond clay powder
- epsom salt
- pink salt
- baking soda
- ground ginger
- Dead sea salt
- Apple cider vinegar
- essential oils
- eucalyptus eo
- rosemary eo
- lavender eo
- peppermint e0
- spearmint eo
- raw coconut oil
- wheat germ oil
To pin this post on Pinterest
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree