Soaks & Baths for pain, relaxing & beyond
Ahh to soak in a bath just because, that is sometimes my escape to be by myself, other times I get lost in my photography, especially snow photography I get totally lost in taking snow pictures.
If you ever feel like you are getting sick or are just aching from a chronic condition or from recent activity this soak works great, I use it to ward off sickness even with my kids, pre teens & teens. I have used it for fevers to but we don’t make it as hot if anybody is running a fever.
These soaks have amazing therapeutic abilities for many conditions & they can be used in your wellness routine. great for aching legs & restless leg syndrome as well as for healthy normal detoxing process, for stress, sore muscles, help when you have trouble sleeping, for dry skin, rashes, hives etc. And works wonders for relieving soreness caused by physical activity or fibromyalgia pain, Also great to prevent cold & flu or relief of symptoms also great for the immune system.
Soreness, Aches & Pains relief
- 1/2 Cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 Cup sea salt or dead sea salt
- 1/2 Cup baking soda
- 1/2 Cup peroxide
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 to 10 drops eucalyptus &/or rosemary essential oils
- (another great choice is Lavender essential oil)
- Add to hot bath & soak 30 minutes to an hour (make the bath as hot as you can stand it)
- After bath rub body with raw coconut oil &/or Wheat Germ oil (more info on ACV)
Detoxing daily foot soak
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup of food grade or drug store hydrogen peroxide 3%
- Optional add, 2 tbsp sea salt &/or 1 tbsp red clay or bentonite clay),
- Mix well in the hottest water you can tolerate in a tub for your feet,
- soak feet 15 min to 1/2 hr
- try to do every day.
- After the foot soak rub unrefined coconut oil &/or unrefined wheat germ oil into the feet (or Olive oil)
For whole body just increase the amounts
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 1 to 2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup peroxide 3%
- Optional add 1/2 cup pink salt &/or red clay or bentonite clay &/or Redmond bath salt or dead sea salt
- add to hot running water,
- when tub is full to desired level soak 15 min to 1/2 hour
- After soaking dry off & rub unrefined coconut oil &/or unrefined wheat germ oil on skin
try to keep hair out of tub water with the peroxide if you are concerned, but we never have issues & even use peroxide on our dark hair in no poo recipes with no fading or color change.
Options: to add to oils to rub feet or body, for soreness or swelling add rosemary essential oil, for relaxing, headaches etc add lavender essential oil, for cold & flu add peppermint, spearmint or eucalyptus (add 1 to 3 drops essential oil per tbsp of oil)
To pin this post on Pinterest
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling? That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- My DIY Facebook page: NFR6K My DIY Life
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids