Milk kefir yogurt that taste like your favorite southern pie.
This is a thick, creamy, tangy, sweet kefir yogurt.
What you need:
- 2 quart jars with lids (or half gallon jar)
- Fresh key lime juice or bottled (1/2 cup)
- Key Lime zest (1 tsp)
- Optional: Thinly sliced key lime (1)
- Finished kefired milk (2 cups)
- Finished kefired cheese (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup kefired heavy whipping cream
- Real vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Optional: Pomona’s Pectin (1 tbsp)
- Organic sugar (1 tbsp) (optional or you might just use less).
Key Limes: Best to use fresh key limes & juice but if you can not get them bottled juice is fine & using lime zest or no zest & adding the slices is optional.
Finished Kefir milk: Go to my blog post here to learn how to make milk kefir.
Finished Kefir cheese: Learn how to make milk kefir cheese here.
Kefir heavy whipping cream: Just simply use your grains to kefir some heavy whipping cream, if you are worried about adding your grains to heavy whipping cream simply just add the whipping cream un-kefired.
Pomona’s Pectin: This is optional but can help thicken the yogurt.
Organic sugar: Depending on your own taste you might want to add a little sugar or no sugar.
- add your milk kefir, cheese, whipping cream, vanilla & key lime juice to blender (Or Ninja etc).
- Scrape sides.
- add key lime zest, Pectin, sugar to blender.
- Scrape sides.
- Divide into quart jars.
- add some thin sliced key lime to each jar,
- Screw lids on.
- Sit on counter 1 hour to several hours depending on temps.
- Do not allow to separate (if it does you can mix it with a spoon, but it might get really tart if it separates).
- Sit in fridge until chilled.
- Serving idea, eat with graham crackers.
Buy on Amazon:
- Quart jars
- 1/2 gallon jar
- Vanilla extract
- Pomona’s Pectin
- Organic sugar
- Graham crackers
- Key limes
- Key lime juice
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree