Recipe for Low Suds DIY Laundry Soap.
So easy to make your own laundry soap.
Recipe for the soap mixture:
- 1 cup of liquid soap
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup table salt (or epsom salt)
- Warm the water.
- Mix the salt & baking soda into warmed water until dissolved.
- Pour into a one gallon container.
- Add the liquid soap.
- Shake or stir
- Fill the rest of the gallon jug with water.
Use 1/4 cup of laundry soap per load.
Liquid soaps that work great in this recipe:
- Cove Unscented Castile Soap
- Natural Way Organics Ultra Mild Unscented Castile Soap
- Dr. Bronner’s Almond
- Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby Mild
- Dr. Bronner’s Tea tree
- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint
- Dr. Woods Pure Castile Soap Lavender
- Heluva Green Castile soap
- Mother’s Vault Castile Soap Citrus
Other uses for this soap mixture:
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup to hot mop water to mop floors (or only a few tbsp if just doing a light mopping).
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp to every cup of water in a spray bottle. Use as a multi purpose, multi surface cleaner.
- Mix 1 tbsp of the mixture with one cup warm water to wash hair.
- Use as is to wash hands & body.
- Add 1/2 cup to sink of hot water to wash dishes.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp to dishwasher.
- Mix with Borax to make a thick paste for heavy-duty hand washing.
- Mix with coconut oil or more baking soda for thicker face wash.
- Mix with peroxide to use as a spot pre treatment on clothes.
Make sure to also check out my other blog posts:
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree