Are you ready to make a hearty, tasty chowder from scratch?
OK so I have been using nutritional yeast for a while now & and just a few of my favorite uses are on popcorn, on baked potatoes & on top of baked casseroles. So I decided to venture off & find a new recipe to try for this blog post so I could share it with you & share how I liked it. So I started looking around for a recipe or 2 recipes I could combine or alter to my way of eating & include the Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes by creating my own recipe. I think you will like my results as much as I do. It was a hit for my family with me asking them each how they liked it & rather it tasted cheesy or not. I got an overwhelming response of how amazingly good it was, especially for a cold wet day. They agreed it had a nice cheesy taste as well. I personally loved it so much, I really wish I had tortilla shells to use with it.
Recipe Potato & Corn Chowder
- 6 to 8 large potatoes
- 2 or so cups potato water (from boiling potatoes)
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup diced up fine onion
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3 to 4 tbsp Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen corn
- Milk of choice (or heavy whipping cream)
- 1 tsp each ground pepper & natural unrefined salt (or to desired amount)
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp of flour of choice
- Wash peel cut & boil the potatoes with parsley, garlic & onions, once potatoes are soft turn heat to medium & make sure to leave them in the water.
- Next you can use a hand mixer to totally mash the potatoes into the water if yu want but I prefer to just mash some with a spoon & leave some in small chunks.
- add 1/2 of the corn to the pot, the other half add to a blender with the flour & just enough milk to blend i & it not be clunky & add that to pot
- To the pot slowly add the remaining ingredients stirring to make sure the milk does not burn, turn down the heat some if needed.
- Allow to cook slowly till thickened, took me about 15 minutes & I did turn it down to a low setting.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers, you can add a bit of cheese & Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes to the soup in your bowl if desired.
All Vitamins & Nutrients are Non-Synthetic & 100% Naturally Occurring.
Prioritize Your Health with this Delicious Superfood – Great Low Sodium Salt Substitute Packed with Vitamins, Minerals, Fiber and Protein.
Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast is naturally comprised of 50% protein (a complete, bioavailable and vegan source), over 20% fiber, contains all 18 amino acids and 15 different minerals (including iron, selenium and zinc) as well as a natural vitamin B-complex and Beta-glucans (known for their extreme immune enhancing properties plus their ability to lower bad cholesterol).
Now to tell you a little bit about Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes, I had not tried this brand before, but I really like the taste & the fact it is flakes made it easy to use. Nutritional yeast is for sure a super-food. Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast is 50% protein, over 20% fiber, 18 amino acids, 15 different minerals, vitamin b complex & beta glucans. All this while being MSG, gluten, & dairy free.
Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes can be used in many recipes, as a matter of fact they will send you an e recipe book so you can get started getting benefits from this super-food yeast. Make sure to also check out my Sari Foods Spirulina blog post here.
Reviews: My product reviews the company provided me with a reduced price or free item(s) or sample(s) of the product(s) mentioned above in my review, I was under no obligation to review it, nor was I under any obligation to only write a positive review. My reviews are my honest opinion after personally trying the product & feeling confident in it. When it comes to products I do not like, that cause issues or if it was a negative experience I will not review them & contact the company telling them why. So If the review has made it to my blog it is because I love it & recommend it to everyone & I am happy to have used the product.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
I do accept products to review on my blog: Contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”