Baking soda by any other name is still Amazing!
Baking soda – sodium bicarbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate, bicarb soda, bread soda,cooking soda,bicarbonate of soda
Join me in my love of all things baking soda starting with my 10 favorite uses, but do not stop at 10 uses, there are thousands for this amazing white powder from gardening, home, cooking, cleaning, beauty, health, pets & beyond.
Make sure to check out my other Top uses posts:
- My top 10 uses for Vinegar, A Natural and Frugal Favorite
- Our (Top 6) favorite essential oils – Great for DIY cleaning, skin care health and more (with my top 13 listed)
As you know Baking soda is a major part of my blog making its appearance in probably 80% of my post & it might just be in 99% of my DIY posts & that is because it is so amazing, I will say it again, Amazing! How Amazing? Well it is cheap, it works, it is natural, it is effective & most have it in their homes right now ignoring its true potential.
Baking soda is firmly planted on my top 10 list of most used items in my home (Top 10 list), I take it daily & I use it to get well faster & stay well (What I take & how, – How we get well). Baking soda can replace chemical cleaners, deodorizers, laundry products, body washes, used in pest control, non abrasive scrubbing cleaner & more & it is non toxic & builds the immune system rather than breaking it down like toxic cleaners do (DIY cleaners Vs Commercial & Immune system).
So yea to say I sing the praises of baking soda might be not only true but an understatement as well. When I first started this blog one of my very first posts I totally dedicated to baking soda & yes, just how amazing it is (baking soda post). So get ready & hold onto your hat, now I am going to tell you my best of the best uses, my totally favorite top 10 ways to use baking soda, the uses I just can not keep my mouth shut about. These are listed in no particular order, they are all #1 in my book of baking soda uses.
Are you ready, drum roll, ba-dum bish, boom!
- As a natural deodorant simply mixed with raw coconut oil, I have shared DIY recipes for almost every mood (DIY deodorant, DIY extra strength deodorant)
- As a natural better than fluoride ever thought of being toothpaste either used alone or in a DIY toothpaste (DIY toothpaste recipes, more recipes using activated charcoal, Remineralizing toothpaste recipes).
- As a natural hand wash, body wash & face wash that is great for skin issues, sensitive skin, anti bacterial, safe & effective (recipes, recipes with honey & recipes).
- To wash my coffee cup, stoneware, bake ware, stainless, cutting boards, cast iron etc instead of soap to ruin them (blog post & how to).
- For an eye wash & for allergies there is almost nothing more soothing & effective (blog post here).
- Cleaning anything & everything from the stove, to toilet, to floors, counters, appliances, laundry, tub & everything in between (blog series on cleaning the whole house).
- As a fruit & vegetable soak & wash (blog post).
- As shampoo (No poo) for the healthiest hair we have ever had. (No poo how, Using no poo for lice, Troubleshooting no poo, no poo what you might be doing wrong).
- As a natural effective deodorizer, mattress refresher, in the litter box & onward (room & linen spray, Mattress).
- To fight, prevent or get well faster with allergies, cold, flu, sore throat or step & beyond (my albums on my Facebook page cold flu, strep etc, Baking soda for health, my Pinterest board).
Well there you have it, have you joined the Baking soda is Amazing team yet? What are your favorite baking soda uses?
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
I do accept products to review on my blog: Contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. #NFR6K Cheree