Healthy Muffins your whole family will love!
It is time again to head to the kitchen with your kids & teach them how to bake a great healthy treat.
Yummy healthy Muffins using Zucchini, Einkorn flour & applesauce.
Today I want to share with you one of our favorite recipes using grated Zucchini that even kids love & that you can customize to fit your desires. Trust me Zucchini muffins are as good looking as they are tasting & they do not look or taste like some freakish healthy muffin.
Healthier Zucchini muffins kids will love:
- 2 cups grated & squeezed zucchini (squeezing gets rid of liquid, sometimes we use grated carrot too) Just wash Zucchini, no need to skin.
- 3/4 cup whole unbleached sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or Palm Shortening or combine the 2)
- 2 small or 1 large egg (whipped)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp natural unrefined salt
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened applesauce (or regular if you prefer)
- 2 cups Einkorn Flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp organic baking cocoa
- 1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins, or dried cranberries (or other berries)
- Optional: 1/2 cup natural dark chocolate chips or white chocolate.
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup drained pineapple (tidbits or crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In 1 large bowl mix the sugar, salt, vanilla, & egg whipping them together.
- After well blended mix in the applesauce & oil & then slowly add the zucchini & mix in till well mixed in
- In another bowl mix other dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, cocoa & cinnamon)
- Add dry ingredients to first bowl folding in until mixed but not over mixing.
- Next add any optional ingredients (we like to add pecans, dark chocolate chips & white chocolate chips) just fold in till mixed.
- Spoon in batter into muffin tin or muffin/baking cups, we usually only fill them 1/2 to 3/4 full, grease them unless silicone
- bake by putting muffin tin or baking cups on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until done.
- Let muffins sit & cool before removing, frost if desired (my kids desired) & add any toppings.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
I do accept products to review on my blog: Contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
Reviews: If this is a review the company provided me reduced priced or free products/sample(s) of the item being reviewed, I was under no obligation to review it, nor was I under any obligation to only write a positive review. My reviews are my honest opinion. When it comes to products I do not like, that cause issues or if it was a negative experience I will not review it & contact the company telling them why. So If the review has made it to my blog it is because I love it & recommend it to everyone.
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. #NFR6K Cheree