Healthy Muffins your whole family will love!
It is time again to head to the kitchen with your kids & teach them how to bake a great healthy treat.
Yummy healthy Muffins using Zucchini, Einkorn flour & applesauce.
Today I want to share with you one of our favorite recipes using grated Zucchini that even kids love & that you can customize to fit your desires. We baked in Silicone Baking Cups I was testing for a seller, but you can use any muffin pans or cups. As you can see by my pictures they went a bit crazy & frosted the muffins. trust me Zucchini muffins are as good looking as they are tasting & they do not look or taste like some freakish healthy muffin.
Healthier Zucchini muffins kids will love:
- 2 cups grated & squeezed zucchini (squeezing gets rid of liquid, sometimes we use grated carrot too) Just wash Zucchini, no need to skin.(try this with other vegetables like carrots too)
- 3/4 cup whole unbleached sugar (or sugar of choice, whole unbleached sugar on Amazon)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or Palm Shortening or combine the 2)
- 2 small or 1 large egg (whipped)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp natural pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened applesauce (or regular if you prefer)
- 2 cups Einkorn Flour (or flour of choice, Einkorn flour on Amazon)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp organic baking cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins, or dried cranberries (or other berries)
- Optional: 1/2 cup natural dark chocolate chips or white chocolate.
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup drained pineapple (tidbits or crushed)
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Info on referral links
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In 1 large bowl mix the sugar, salt, vanilla, & egg whipping them together.
- After well blended mix in the applesauce & oil & then slowly add the zucchini & mix in till well mixed in
- In another bowl mix other dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, cocoa & cinnamon)
- Add dry ingredients to first bowl folding in until mixed but not over mixing.
- Next add any optional ingredients (we like to add pecans, dark chocolate chips & white chocolate chips) just fold in till mixed.
- Spoon in batter to Galley Essentials baking cups, we usually only fill them 1/2 to 3/4 full, no need to grease cups but sometimes we do. (so if using normal muffin tin do grease them).
- bake by putting baking cups on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until done.
- Let muffins sit & cool before removing, frost if desired (my kids desired) & add any toppings.
End recipe info
Silicone Baking Cups By Galley Essentials Make Baking Fun and Easy: Review
I love to teach my kids to bake healthier treats & to even use baking as part of math class, having them measure out & weigh things, add up the total etc & teaching them why better ingredients make a healthier treat & how fun & tasty baking from scratch can be.
My kids really love using silicone baking cups because they are nice bright colors, easy to use & wash & even though they are silicone they are reusable eliminating the need for using paper liners to get pretty muffins & cupcakes.
These Galley Essentials baking cups come in 4 great colors that kids love, we for the most part do not have issues with the muffins sticking but did have a few that stuck in spots.
BPA Free Cupcake and Muffin Liners – Great for Regular or Gluten Free Baking – Easy to Clean – Durable, Non-stick Holders – FDA Certified Food Grade Silicone.
FLEXIBLE Silicone makes for “Easy Release Cupcakes or Muffins” No more tearing your cupcakes! Makes baking fun & easy, especially with the kids! Fun, versatile molds can be used for cupcakes, muffins, mini cakes, cheesecakes or any tasty frozen treat !!
Disclaimer: The company provided me with free sample(s) of product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. If the review has made it to my blog it is positive review & I recommend it.
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree