NO artificial ingredients or fillers, non-bleached, non-deodorized, hexane and chemical free.
Extra Virgin, 100% Pure & Unrefined, Cold Pressed, All Natural, Non-GMO, Straight From Fiji
100% Safe & Natural! Vegetarian, vegan, celiac, any diet friendly.
You know I love coconut oil for so many reasons, I am crazy for coconut oil is an understatement. So I have spent a lot of time researching Many, many brands & trying them myself. So I was asked to review this Paradise coconut oil by Thera Vita. The first container did have an off taste & look & no coconut smell or taste, but I contacted them & I was send another right away, so I give them props on customer service. The second container did look better & did not have the off smell the first container had, but it still had no coconut smell or taste. But ultimately thus coconut oil review made it to my blog because they did make things right by replacing the original product no questions asked. And by all accounts this coconut oil is made in a green facility.
DIY body care:
This coconut oil is great for making DIY deodorant, DIY toothpaste & for DIY body care & hair care (& for some cooking & baking if no coconut taste is desired). I personally can not recommend it for oil pulling, cooking & baking but that is just my preference
DIY Deodorant using Paradise:
- 4 tbsp organic corn starch (or potato starch)
- 4 tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp Thera Vita Paradise coconut oil
- Add in 20 to 30 drops of your favorite essential oil like Litsea Cubeba
- Mix together, you may need to add more or less of the coconut oil to get the desired consistency. Store in airtight container, apply to underarms with fingers.
- More deodorant info here
- Options to add: Tea tree oil, other essential oils.
DIY toothpaste using Paradise:
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp Thera Vita Paradise coconut oil
- 3 to 10 drops peppermint or eucalyptus essential oil
- Mix & store in an airtight container
- Brush teeth as you normally would
- add more or less of baking soda to create your favorite desired consistency, or just use the coconut oil to brush with or just coconut oil & essential oils of choice, make it your own.
- More toothpaste info here
Body Butter using Paradise:
- 1 or so cups of solid coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of natural liquid oil of choice
- 5 to 20 drops of essential oil of choice like Lavender or Rosemary.
- Mix as directed here
- Apply to skin as you would creams & lotions, apply small amounts & rub into skin after bath or shower if going out in the sun or anytime needed. Very healing & has natural SPF. Hydrating to skin without toxins.
Cooking & baking:
If you are looking for an Organic extra virgin coconut oil for cooking without the coconut oil taste & smell this is the oil for you. Me personally the smell & taste of coconuts is very important, but others seem to like this brand for the lack of it. When baking & cooking, replace refined oils, margarine & even store bought butter with Paradise coconut oil by Tera Vita. Not sure if it is just me but this oil had no coconut taste but did taste off to me.
Taking & Oil Pulling:
I personally will not recommend this brand for taking & oil pulling, but as you know I have very strict standards for the coconut oil I recommend for taking & oil pulling & this one just does not make the cut for me. The look & smell added with the lack of coconut taste & smell & the off taste & smell really makes me not to happy & I had high hopes for this brand.
Pros: It is Organic, all natural, extra virgin, cold pressed & unrefined, so it by all accounts is good quality. For many the lack of smell & taste is a pro. Health benefits, skin benefits, great in DIY recipes. Average price.
Cons: For me the lack of coconut smell & taste is a con when it comes to virgin unrefined coconut oils. I did attempt taking it & oil pulling with it to give it the benefit of the doubt & did not see the benefits & the taste & texture were hard to swallow. Yellow in color not clear. Replaced first container no questions asked.
Conclusion: Any company willing to make things right by sending a replacement product is a company that believes in their product & is out to keep buyers happy, & that is not just a pro to me that is awesome. I still think it is great in the above recipes & is good for cooking & baking if you do not want the coconut taste.
Right from the company: It has no gross tastes or smells and, no side effects. *USDA Certified Organic*
Disclaimer: The company provided me with free sample(s) of product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. If the review has made it to my blog it is positive review & I recommend it.
You can now follow me on Instagram & keep up with my photos of great products, or whatever musings I may have, follow me raising6kids here.
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling? That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- To buy your own The Silver Edge Micro Particle Colloidal Silver generator online click here
- If ordering the generator by phone or mail tell them my code so they know I sent you, my code is: Raising6kids
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- My DIY Facebook page: NFR6K My DIY Life
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.