Body Butter is amazing!
I love using body butters so much this is not my first body butter DIY blog post, I have another post using coconut oil here.
There are a lot of great reasons to use shea butter in your skin care routine, even just using it straight out of the container raw & unrefined. Shea butter is a great all natural source of Vitamins A & E for your skin, making it a great healing moisturizer that increases circulation & blood supply to the skin. Also great for many with skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis & blemishes, it is anti aging & decreases fine lines & wrinkles, It can be used for skin allergies like poison ivy/oak, bug bites, stings, & hives, many use shea butter for relief of sunburn & even frostbite & to reverse damage from free radicals.
Shea Butter is also great to use as a natural sunscreen with a SPF of 6 to 10 making it perfect for younger & older ones of all ages, skin with no cancer causing toxic ingredients. So your body butter can do double duty as a natural sunscreen.
Other great uses for your Shea butter & your body butter using she butter:
- Shaving cream
- chapped skin & lips
- Muscle cream
- Relief from rashes
- Hair conditioner/Pre-conditioner/Hot oil treatment
- In DIY deodorant
- In DIY body recipes
- Healthy, skin, hair, scalp & nails
I must point out that poorly made shea butter like commercially made she butter products are not what I am referring to, these sub par shea butters do moisturize your skin but have little to no effect for skin health & healing. You do not want poor quality shea butter, you want high quality (class A) raw & unrefined she butter that is not degraded. You also do not want old shea butter because the older it is the more it degrades. She butter should be a creamy beige or off white in color & well it spread just like normal butter at room temp, your high quality shea butter will not have an off or bright color, or a perfumed smell, real raw & unrefined shea butter will actually have a rather not as pleasant as hoped smell (the smell dissipates on skin).
Other oils to use with shea butter to mix into this recipe:
- Coconut oil
- Rosehip oil
- Jojoba oil
- Argan oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Palm shortening
- Real olive oil
- Black seed oil
- Infused oils
- Essential oils
- Vitamin C serum
Shea Butter Body Butter Directions:
I like to use the hand mixer with just one beater on it, & I add my ingredients in a pint or quart jar depending on how much I am making. I fill the jar 3/4 of the way full with the shea butter & optional other ingredients. (I add the other ingredients on top & blend right inside the jar for about 3 minutes whipping up into body butter). Then I simply add another scoop if needed of the shea butter & mix again for a minute or 2, when finished just screw the lid on, the only clean up is the one beater. So you are mixing right in your storing container.
My favorite She Butter Body butter:
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp Rosehip oil
- 1 tbsp Argan oil
- 10 to 15 drops essential oil of choice, I prefer tea tree & lavender or tea tree & eucalyptus.
- Mix as directed above
To make your body butter into a body scrub:
- Mix Shea butter & other oils of choice as directed above, using about 1/2 the desired amounts of oil.
- Add essential oils of choice, rosemary is a great essential oil for skin.
- With a spoon add 1/4 to 1/2 cup or more if needed) Sea salt, dead sea salt, epsom salt, sugar, or your favorite natural scrubbing ingredient, stir in & there you go.
Shea Butter Body Butter Muscle rub:
- Use the recipe above from my favorite body butter, or use your favorite body butter or just shea butter.
- Add 5 to 10 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 to 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix as directed above.
For shea butter body butter with extra skin healing & antibacterial properties, simply add colloidal silver to your body butter.
I will be reviewing to recent body butters I have been using in the very near future, until then if you need to know a source for buying body butter check out these 2 Amazon listing.
- 100% Organic Raw Unrefined African Shea Butter – Beauty By Shea
- Pure Shea Butter – Raw & Unrefined – Highest Quality Shea Nuts Used – Cleopatra’s Choice.
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling? That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- My DIY Facebook page: NFR6K My DIY Life
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids