Clean your toilet & toilet Bowl naturally, easily.
I have covered the issue before on what things like commercial cleaners, bleach & even many so called natural cleaners do to our health & immune system, & just how easy & effective all while being safe DIY cleaners are.
I have shared other recipes for cleaning the bathroom but today I am just going to share a couple simple recipes/steps for cleaning your toilet not only totally homemade but safe, effective & natural & that is why I am here to share with you how to rid your life of horrible cleaners/chemicals.
This is another fan requested blog post, so remember you can always ask me & I will do my best to post what you want.
Let me start of by saying when it comes to human urine smell Eucalyptus essential oil might be you saving grace, seriously. If you have boys you know cleaning around the rim of the toilet & around the toilet just what I am talking about. But I must also say mixing eucalyptus essential oils with things like other essential oils, baking soda, white vinegar, borax, lemon juice & peroxide can not only deodorize your toilet & bathroom it can totally get rid of human pee smell & other smells, not just cover them get rid of them.
Lets get started:
Just a basic Toilet bowl cleaner: Make sure the toilet has been flushed & their is the normal amount of water in your bowl, pour in 1/2 to 1 cup of baking soda making sure to cover area above the waterline as well (flushing first helps to wet this area so baking soda will stick, or use toilet brush to wet area first). If you want to at this point you can add about 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, &/or another essential oil like tea tree or lavender & about 1/4 tsp of natural liquid soap (do not use castile soap with vinegar). Now use the toilet brush & scrub around with the baking soda mixture in your toilet, making sure to coat all sides, if you need more baking soda you can add more, after scrubbing let sit a few minutes. Now pour 1/2 cups white vinegar around all sides to come in contact with the baking soda, let sit & fizz a few minutes, then swish with toilet brush & flush. (the vinegar step is also optional if you prefer just using baking soda, or you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar). For more scrubbing power you can also add a couple tbsp of borax to the baking soda if needed.
Basic toilet cleaner: In a spray bottle add 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water, Optional to add 10 or so drops of eucalyptus essential oil, &/lemon essential oil. Use this to spray toilet & floor around toilet & wipe up with a cloth. If you prefer a amazing germ fighting formula you can use the vinegar & peroxide 2 step system, I tell how here.
Lets get rid of that pee smell: As I said boys can really cause a mess in your bathroom sometimes. What I like to do is once a day add about 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to my toilet tank to not only help deodorize but to kill germs & freshen the tank. I also after cleaning the toilet & the floor around the toilet like to use a peroxide & eucalyptus essential oil spray to just mist the area & either wipe dry or just allow to dry.
Colloidal silver: Colloidal silver is great to use in the bathroom & on the toilet, not only does it with nothing added stop smells it is an amazing germ & bacteria killer that if allowed to dry can protect after the fact. It is antimicrobial too. What I do is usually add a tbsp to all my above recipes but I also keep a misting spray bottle around with just colloidal silver in it. I mist the air in the bathroom, mist on & around the toilet, in the shower, over the sink & faucet, on the door knobs etc every morning.
Some other recipes I have that can be used in your bathroom:
- Beginner DIY: Simple Natural DIY Multi Purpose cleaner – Safe effective & easy
- Review: ICKY STICK – Natural Pumice Stone Toilet Ring Remover – Try it for $1
- DIY Lime Household Cleaners, Kitchen, Bathroom and more
- DIY Recipes – Soft scrub – Scrubbing Powder – Bathroom – Kitchen
- #2 A DIY Bathroom: How to be Green & Healthy
- Borax is a great Safe, Natural Household Cleaner – DIY Recipes
- Homemade Natural cheap effective DIY Granite and stone cleaner recipes
- Get started making your own DIY products with 5 simple items
- Our (Top 6) favorite essential oils – Great for DIY cleaning, skin care health and more
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling? That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- My DIY Facebook page: NFR6K My DIY Life
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids