Weed Killer that is easy, safe, natural & effective.
I get a lot of messages & emails from fans & followers asking what to do for weeds, especially this time of year, & I always share this recipe. It is really as simple as 1,2,3.
What you need:
- 1 gallon white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups epson salt
- 1/4 cup Dish liquid (I use Tropical Traditions Dish liquid in my recipe, but if you can not find natural liquid soap many do use Original Dawn Dish soap as it works great, do not use Castile soap, it can not be mixed with vinegar)
Then add the epsom salt & the dish liquid & shake gently to mix. You can then use the gallon jug to either refill a spray bottle or to pour into a gallon weed sprayer or whatever you have to spray on & thoroughly coat the weeds.
Works best applied on a sunny day & for some weeds best applied in full sun, apply in the morning just after dew/wetness dries for best results.
Safe around children & pets & works effectively & can be reapplied as often as needed, just do not spray it on anything you do not want to kill like your wife’s favorite rose-bush.
Since this kills any foliage it is sprayed on you can get it close to your other plants if careful not to touch them on the leaves or to close to the base. I have used it plenty in gardens to spray need seedlings & plants. You will get better at this the more you do it.
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling? That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- My DIY Facebook page: NFR6K My DIY Life
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids