lets clean & shine those hardwood floors.
I shared this recipe in my blog series (floors) & the recipe fast became a fan favorite & a very popular Pinterest pin. Many asked me to add it to a blog post all by itself so they could find it easier & so here it is finally (you only had to ask a year).
Are DIY ideas as effective to kill germs, bacteria & grime like commercial cleaning products do?
And I say YES you bet they are! but I am guessing if you are still reading my blog you agree with me & have looked up all the info provided my dIY cleaning blog series (14 posts), as I always say, research, research, research! If you ask me I will very fast tell you DIY green cleaning is down right amazing, then add to that we get sick so very rarely so that’s a big clue to them no compromising our immune system & them working.
Note: These recipes safe for most hardwood flooring, spot checking would be best & only using a slightly damp mop on some hardwood floors probably would work better, & when possible reading the info on your flooring is advised, when in doubt try something else. Most of the spray cleaners on my blog & in my blog series can be used for cleaning up spills & spot cleaning hardwood floors.
DIY Hardwood floor cleaner (mopping) recipe
Ok let’s get cleaning:
Hardwood floors shine/cleaner (can be used on other flooring also): 2 cups vinegar (Apple cider vinegar for dark wood, white vinegar or light wood). 1/2 cup lemon juice. 1/4 cup of olive oil (option: use vegetable oil if you prefer) 20 drops lemon essential oil
Fill bucket with very hot water & either use a mop or a washcloth, & mop only with mop or cloth slightly damp, buff as needed.
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only, & is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments.
If you think you, or anyone in your home or who are under your care, are ill or in need medical treatment, please seek the needed medical treatment Any of the information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling?
That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
– And my daughters blog – Naturally Teen Approved –
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids