Lets clean & do it safe with DIY natural cleaners.
Lets safely, naturally, effectively clean stone & granite.
So you are finding out that DIY cleaners are so much better for your immune system, not only do they not break down the immune system they help build it up plus being safe, natural & very effective.
But you after researching that Lemon, lime & Vinegar should never be used on granite or other natural stone. So what do people use to clean granite & stone, lets discuss several recipes.
Simply make these recipes right in a large spray bottle, amounts are approximate & can be adjusted to suit you & that is part of the beauty of DIY you can make it the way you like it.
If you decide to add different essential oils Eucalyptus essential oil is great for cleaning natural stone & granite.
Do not use Thieves oil because most do have citrus in them. avoid any citrus essential oil.
Even though these ideas are recommended by many & used by many (including me) always double-check your granite or stone wont be harmed by the cleaner, spot check if in doubt.
Homemade Natural cheap effective DIY Granite and stone cleaner recipes
Multi purpose Peroxide cleaner
- Straight 3% peroxide or peroxide & water
- 5 to 20 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- Great for all surfaces even chrome. keep in original brown bottle with spray top or keep in dark when not in use.
- Peroxide alone straight can be used if you prefer
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- 3 to 10 drops mild natural dish liquid soap (Like Wonder wash, or another natural liquid soap)
- 5 to 20 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled or filtered water
- Optional add colloidal silver (You can just use just straight colloidal silver or colloidal silver & water if you prefer to clean)
- Great for most surfaces so not just stone
Gentile germ killing spray cleaner
- In a spray bottle add 1/2 to 1 cup of colloidal silver (optional)
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- Fill the bottle the rest of the way up with distilled or filtered water.
- This is also a great room deodorizer & disinfecting spray & also a great cleaner for most surfaces, plus it is great for cleaning the bathroom as well.
Granite stone soft scrub
- Mix baking soda & rubbing alcohol with a few drops Eucalyptus essential oil mix into a paste & use a washcloth to rub in or a soft toothbrush, use a damp washcloth to wash of the residue & then clean with a spray cleaner (you can replace the rubbing alcohol with peroxide if you prefer).
- Warm water borax, baking soda & Eucalyptus essential oil mixed into a paste, & use a washcloth to rub in or a soft toothbrush, use a damp washcloth to wash of the residue & then clean with a spray cleaner.
For more great Kitchen & bathroom cleaners check out my other blog posts from my blog series on cleaning the whole house with DIY cleaners:
- #2 A DIY Bathroom: How to be Green & Healthy
- #3 A DIY Kitchen: How to be Green & Healthy
- Commercial and Natural vs DIY cleaners and your immune system
- DIY Cleaning Blog Series
- My top 12 uses for Colloidal Silver, A Natural and Frugal Favorite
- My top 10 uses for Baking soda, A Natural and Frugal Favorite
- My top 10 uses for Peroxide, A Natural and Frugal Favorite
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree