Got Zits? Get rid of em!
Did you know those expensive zit sticks & creams can easily & cheaply be made at home?
Thats right for pennies you can easily make a remedy for your zits that works., all you need is some coconut oil & some essential oils & maybe a few other thing if you desire.
Essential oils: For these zit remedies I will be using Tea tree & Lavender essential oil because they both are great for healing & preventing blackheads & pimples but not only that they are both great for skin, disinfecting & both dry blemishes, but these essential oils can be optional if you prefer. If you would like you can also add about a few drops of Rosemary essential oil if desired or a few drops of your homemade Thieves oil.
Zit cream: I like to add 1/2 cup of raw coconut oil to a small jar with 10 to 30 drops each of the 2 essential oils & use one beater on my hand mixer & mix right in the jar (Directions here). Then simply store in the jar and add a dab to blemishes & rub in as needed Optional: Add a tbsp of shea butter or another healthy oil, add a pinch or 2 of baking soda &/or corn starch, do not add to much even though they are great for drying up pimples they can leave a powder residue if you add to much, simply mix with beater.
Zit stick: I save empty chapstick tubes (like these) to add the ingredients for the zit stick to. This recipe makes 3 to 2 to 3 sticks so it may take a bit of trial & error or you can just let it cool in a chunk & use that way.
- in a small pot on med/low heat
- melt 2 tbsp of raw coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax (you can buy the beeswax pelets that melt easier or grate yourself)
- remove from heat
- now add about 15 to 20 drops of essential oil,
- allow to cool only slight bit
- add to tubs or on a non stick surface to dry (or even to a small jar.container).
- You might adjust the amounts up or down for your own desired consistency.
- Add a 1/8 tsp shea butter
- add a pinch of baking soda &/or corn starch,
- do not add to much soda or starch even though they are great for drying up pimples they can leave a powder residue if you add to much, simply add in while mixture is still hot.
Homemade DIY blemish zit zap away cream and stick recipes with essential oils
Other ways to combat zits:
Make an colloidal silver, activated charcoal & Terramin clay mask. add equal parts clay & charcoal with enough colloidal silver (or distilled water) to create a paste, apply to freshly washed damp face & allow to stay on 15 to 30 minutes & wash of with warm water & a baking soda paste if needed. You can also add any of the above essential oils or add Fixaderm.
I also have more DIY ideas here:
- Got Acne? Natural ideas – Pimples – Blackheads – Scarring – Prevent – Heal
- DIY gentle effective naturally antibacterial hand/body washing powder recipe
- Natural DIY Skin care ideas for better health
- A DIY Life: Deep cleaning skin and face wash – revives – tingling – skin issues
- Hair and skin routine ideas ~Mix it up
- A DIY Life: Natural Ideas – Tips for Health – Beauty – Face
Affiliate & Referral links: I do when I can have links that are affiliate or referral links, not all links on my blog, pages & posts are affiliate or referral links. (More info here)
I will share links to buy products on Amazon anytime I can, I thank you for your support.
- Check out my Disclaimers & Policies page here
- If this post contains an alternative remedy remember I am not a Dr.
Click here to learn where buy some of my favorite products such as coconut oil, colloidal silver & more.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
To contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Thank you for reading my blog & supporting me on the journey to share #NFR6K Cheree