~Pronounced So-Lay (Solay)~
What is Sole water? It is easily made concentrated salt water used for health.
I have included lots of links for you to research so click the highlighted linked words & check them out.
But wait, you say salt is bad for you, yes if you are talking about refined, iodized, table salt that is processed, bleached & void of minerals you are so right. But natural & unrefined salts full of minerals the body needs & needed for almost every function in the body is very important & very healthy (More information in my blog post Natural Salt vs Table Salt – Natural Unrefined salts needed for health).
For years now many have realized the difference in refined salt & how unhealthy it is VS Natural unrefined salt & how healthy it really is & that our bodies desperately need salt to be healthy & it is essential for life (again refer to my above blog post). -Check out why your body needs salt: 22 reasons why the body needs natural salt-. As you research & you discover that natural unrefined salt is not only vital, the lack of it can cause many health issues & how natural unrefined salt can treat & prevent the exact issues refined salt causes & learn why to ditch refined salts. So refined salt & unrefined salt are not even close to the same thing. In reality the more we research it we find that in reality low salt diets are deadly. And you keep researching you see that avoiding refined, iodized table salt and using natural unrefined salt like Pink Himalayan salt is not only great but might be one of the healthiest choices you can make as you make changes to your health & avoiding refined foods. Many think using Iodized table salt is best to get iodine, but is it really the best way? After all iodized salt has synthetic iodine added & natural unrefined salt has natural iodine in it, & you can also eat foods rich in iodine. (Natural Unrefined salt needed for health).
There are so many diseases & chronic conditions from the usage of salt, yet we know we need salt to live, but DR’s tell us salt is killing us all. How can that be? Well simply put the salt that sits in most of our homes is table salt & it is void of any minerals, it is sodium chloride & in no way shape or form does it have any health benefits. So as you can tell table salts & natural unrefined salts are really not the same things at all.
Salt is needed more by our bodies to function than most realize, & taking salt away is detrimental to our health. Did you know that the biggest part of our bodily fluids is salt & these fluids needs salt? Like blood plasma, amniotic fluid (around the forming baby & this needs to be constantly replenished), lymphatic fluid & cell fluid. Salt is important it transports nutrients to our cells. And is needed for the neurons in our brains to fire & function (brain fog anyone? Lack of salt? hmm). And contrary to popular belief natural unrefined salt does maintain proper blood pressure. Salt also supports adrenal glands helping them function & for your overall health.
Check out my Pinterest board on Salt: Health: Salts info & Iodine info
After you research & it becomes totally apparent that you need salt & all the benefits from salt, you research more & discover grinding coarse salt is healthier than buying pre ground salt because fresh ground holds the nutrients better. You also discover that it is best to use salt not cooked for those nutrients, it is best to only use salt so on food & in drinks to get the most benefits.
Sole water beneficial for diabetics, proper glucose sugar levels, hypertension, for the adrenal health, for adrenal fatigue, leg & muscle cramps, digestive issues, to prevent water retention, for proper PH in the body, pain fighter, immune booster, respiratory health, aides allergy & sinus issues, aid with arthritis, for gout, bone health & strength, removal of heavy metals, vascular health, regulates blood pressure, improves sleep, improves vitamin & mineral absorption by your body, cancer, properly hydrates, clears skin issues, skin diseases, acne, curve sugar & other cravings, stress, depression, dissolve kidney stones, increased energy, aids in the body detoxify toxins, a natural anti-histamine, virus fighter, resistant bacteria fighter, Lyme disease, Lyme recovery, prevents & dissolves gall bladder stones, aids in inflammation reduction (anti-inflammatory), aides in varicose veins issues & pain, to prevent and treat colds and flu, for fever, for sore throat (gargle before swallowing), for headaches & migraines & promotes healthy, hair, nails, eyes & skin.
Sole works best first thing in the morning on an empty stomach but for things like sore throats, migraines, dehydration, diarrhea, stomach bug, headaches, feeling like you are getting sick etc you can take extra as needed as long as you drink plenty of water & do not only drink Sole water.
Enter Sole Water:
So now you know that natural unrefined salt is needed, then you read about how amazing Sole Water is & you are very interested. But why is Sole Water so great? By slowly adding coarse salt like natural unrefined Pink Himalayan salt to water until no more can absorb in it the dissolved salt water ionizes the minerals, charging them electrically, hydrolysed, making them easier for your body to properly absorb right into the cells, creating the ultimate water full of needed ionized minerals, the absolute best way to get minerals. In this sole water process the structure of the natural unrefined salt with the water creating a totally new structure. Your sole water mixture is closer to the minerals your body needs for your blood. So sole water can be the answer to getting the proper amounts of salt daily in the right way. Salt water from natural unrefined salt can be just what your body needs to stay healthy or to get healthy. But it is important to note that sole water is no longer just salt water, natural unrefined salt is not just salt now. It has become revitalized, a pure ready to drink electrolyte tonic for health.
Sole water goes right into the cells: Absorbing ionized Sole water right into the cells helps speed cell regeneration & increase the cell function because of improved metabolism. Sole water increases calcium & sodium ions in the blood to change the blood to proper PH. Improves the functions of the nervous system thus aiding in healing chronic conditions & improving the functions of all the organs. Sole water increases immunity towards pathogens.
Simply put this easy to make solution of Sole water wont break the bank is very similar to those costly mineral drops that many buy to add to their water, the only real difference is this might just be better.
When it comes to absorbing minerals, whole, unprocessed sources are best, as each element relies on the other to make it work properly (1). This concept often goes overlooked with isolated mineral supplement therapy
Me & Sole Water:
I was already using natural unrefined coarse salt in my grinder & already knew how much my body needed it, how much healthier natural unrefined salt is & I even watched the difference in my husband as I changed him over to natural & unrefined. And we use a whole lot of salt but not once in any of my pregnancies did I ever have a salt issues, water retaining issues or get salt restricted (& I mean I used tons of salt pregnant). My BP stays normal & every time I have blood work done nothing is ever said at all about how much salt I use, it is almost like they must assume I do not use salt.
As you know I am always researching & I came across the idea of Sole water awhile back & right away I knew the concept was a great idea, because in reality getting the proper amount of salt in daily & getting the body to properly use it can be the hardest part. But me being me wanted to research more & do it myself first before ever writing a blog post. I researched for several months & the more I researched the more I was like, I so need to add drinking Sole water to my morning routine (& I already had a full morning routine). I also loved that even those on tight budgets such as we are could easily, cheaply & effectively make their own Sole water. So I started making sole water. My glass jar is kinda big (you need to use a plastic lid not a metal lid, & a glass jar). So I added 1 cup of water & 1 tsp of coarse natural unrefined Pink Himalayan salt (you can use another unrefined coarse salt if you prefer, Make sure to buy good quality natural unrefined salt like on www.saltworks.us. Below I will break it down step by step & tell you how many days it took for the Sole water to be ready.
- Day 1: In the morning I added 1 cup of pure water & 1 tsp of Pink Himalayan coarse salt stirred with a plastic spoon (no metal) & set it up out of the way
- Day 2: I added 1 tsp of Pink Himalayan coarse salt stirred with a plastic spoon (no metal) & set it up out of the way
- Day 3 through 6 I added 1 tsp of Pink Himalayan coarse salt stirred with a plastic spoon (no metal) & set it up out of the way
- Day 7: I noticed as I went to check the jar that the salt crystals had not dissolved, & that was what I was waiting for, the point that the water was saturated & charged & could not dissolve anymore salt this should be 26% salt in the water ( It took me 7 days, but it might take you less or more).
Sole water is ready to be used when no more salt will dissolve in it, now you can either start another batch or every day add a small amount of water & salt to your jar making sure every day before using it that it has undissolved salt sitting on the bottom, this salt keeps the water charged, so you always want undissolved salt on the bottom. Do not confuse the salt residue from Pink salt as undissolved salt, the residue can be in varying degrees, but salt crystals will be whole, not residue. Sole water does not need refrigerated, just store it covered wherever you will remember to take it every morning before eating such as on the counter in a cupboard, on your nightstand, in the bathroom whatever. Sole water will last forever without spoiling because of the salt content, Sole/Salt water is natural anti-bacterial & naturally anti-fungal, & this is also a plus for your health.
How to take:
- Every day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach grab your Sole water jar, stir or shake it & remove 1 tsp of your Sole water & add it to 4 to 8 ounces of spring water or pure water & drink it. (amount of water depends on your taste, but make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day). Only use a plastic spoon (no metal).
- After removing the 1 tsp of water from your Sole water mixture add back 1 tsp of pure water & about 10 to 15 coarse salt crystals & sit jar back in its spot until tomorrow morning.
- I try to drink it all before I start oil pulling, but sometimes I drink half, oil pulling for 20 minutes then drink the other half for an awesome morning health routine.
- Notice in my picture when I stir the Sole water it turns pink because the residue is stirred in, when the water settles Pink salt residue is on the bottom, so make sure to stir your sole water for the full benefits.
- I can not stress this enough, only add your Sole water to good quality water, do not add it to any other beverages & do not add it to warm or hot water, do not add it to city or county tap water.
Brands & size of salt:
I am happy to have now tried 3 great companies salt in my making of Sole water, & I can tell you for a fact the bigger chunks make a better sole water, & of course last longer. I am using the 2 larger salt chunk salts in my larger jars so I have sole water on hand for things like soaking, rashes, infections etc & I am using the salt from Tropical Traditions in the bag for my smaller jars & to keep my jars charged.
Salt Works: I was finally able to order the larger salt from Salt works that I wanted to make my Sole water, they were out of stock on their Jumbo & Colossal so I was able to order a 5lb bag of the XXL, I totally love it for making my Sole water & these bigger chunks for sure make a better quality sole water. And as you can see by the pictures they are awesome, I totally love Sole water made from Pink Himalayan salt chunks (XXL size) from Salt works (pictured to the left)
YourSaltLamps: I also ordered 1 pound of Sole Himalayan Salt Chunks from YourSaltLamps.com. I love using these chunks in one of my jars of Sole water, they are larger chunks as shown by my pictures below, some around 1 inch some bigger, I will also be doing an upcoming review on one of their salt lamps that I am already in love with. So they sell many quality Pink Himalayan salt products. (pictured to the right)
Tropical Traditions: I order the Non GMO Himalayan Coarse Pink Salt Grinder Refill – 17.6oz bag from Tropical Traditions to make my Sole water & I love it. You can order your own here with my referral link. (pictured to the left/below & all the other salt pictures on the page are this salt)
Yes course natural unrefined salt is essential to make Sole water, fine ground does not hold the mineral content & will dissolve to fast & not cause the same reaction in the water. In honesty if you are using ground salt on your food for health you want to start buying coarse or chunks & grinding them to get the full spectrum of minerals for health.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
Example jars to use: Either use one like mine pictured (a canister jar) or use a jar with a food grade plastic lid or a jar with a glass clamping lid. I have found all these jars at low prices at Dollar General stores, Family Dollar Stores, Big Lots, Wal-Mart & other stores.
Why I love Sole water:
I love knowing I am doing something great for my health, just that knowledge sometimes can make your mood pleasant & keep a smile on your face. But it is even better when you can truly see & feel the results from adding something new to your routine, such as clearer skin even though you thought it could not get much clearer, detoxing after starting proved to eliminate more toxins from my system & thats a plus. More energy, less & less leg & foot cramps, better eye sight, less liver pain & I only just started like 10 days ago, so more to come for sure. But I love how much better my over all well-being & my kids have felt, we all love the Sole water & I think my kids figured they would not like it as much as they do. It is a satisfying feeling for sure.
Sole water when made properly & drank daily gives the body energy naturally for up to 24 hours
Even the simplest processes in our body need salt or its inherent elements in ionized form. For example, it is the task of our nervous system to transmit the stimulation that has been recorded via sensory input to our brain, which in return passes this information back to our muscles in order for us to react to the respective stimuli. An electric potential occurs on the membrane wall of the cells when the positively charged potassium ions leave the cells and the positively charged sodium ions cannot enter due to their size. The outside becomes positively charged and the inside negatively charged. When a nerve cell is stimulated, its membrane suddenly becomes polar opposite and consequently is permeable for the sodium ions. In one-thousandth of a second (1/1000th), the electrical potential is transformed and releases, with every nerve impulse, 90 mill volts of energy. The received stimuli are now being converted into thoughts and actions. Without the elements potassium and sodium in the salt, this process is not possible. Not even a single thought is possible, let alone an action, without their presence. Just the simple act of drinking a glass of water requires millions of instructions that come as impulses. In the beginning there is the thought. This thought is nothing but an electromagnetic frequency. The salt is responsible for enabling this frequency to transmit commands to the muscles and organs. (Article here)
CAUTION! Never add a teaspoon of Original Himalayan Crystal Salt to a glass of water thinking that you’re taking Sole. You are not. Sole is something completely different. One teaspoon of Sole contains only 478 mg of Sodium – That’s equivalent to 20% of the USDA’s recommended daily maximum of 2,500 mg. Whereas 1 teaspoon of Original Himalayan Crystal Salt contains 2,292 mg of sodium! Adding Salt to Water Has Neither The Effects Nor The Benefits of Adding Sole to Water!
Sole water for your animals:
According to research Sole can provide the same benefits to your animals as it does for you. And it can be given to all animals, just add 1 to 2 drops per cup of water daily in their fresh water bowl, if you notice them not liking it cut back amount & build up slowly.
Can also be used for illness, on hot spots, wounds, skin conditions etc
Make a great electrolyte drink with Sole water:
Electrolyte drinks are great for during and after workouts, when sick, overheated, & especially when having diarrhea. This recipe is simple & has variations to suit your needs & wants
- 1/4 tsp of your Sole Water
- 2 cups of pure water
- 1 to 2 tbsp of organic whole unbleached sugar (or Sucanat, Turbinado sugar or raw local honey, though using the sugar is best)
Simply mix, chill & drink (making sure to drink plenty of pure water otherwise). Options to add:
- juice from one lemon
- juice from one lime
- juice from any other fresh citrus
- puree berries & add
Freeze or add to Smoothies: You can make your electrolyte water & freeze in ice cubes for adding to water if you just want a bit of flavor, or freeze in Popsicle, or add to smoothies or slushies. Just enjoy
Other uses for Sole water & you:
- Mouthwash, you can mix sole water half & half with distilled water & few drops of essential oils if desired & use as mouthwash.
- Deodorant, you can mix Sole water 1 part sole water with 2 parts distilled water or half & half with distilled water or even use it straight. Add it to a travel size misting spray bottle & spray underarms. Add a few drops of essential oils if desired (we like to add lavender & tea tree oil)
- Use Sole water in cooking, simply add sole water when salt is called for (in wet mixes only) like for soups, gravies, mashed potatoes, marinades, soaks & more, you will lose mineral content from cooking, but if you add it just before serving it would be best, the main reason I use sole in some of my cooking is it is already dissolved so it blends in faster & is still far healthier than using table salt.
- Add 1, 2 3 or 10 or so drops of sole water to your cup of coffee or tea to help with them being acidic, to prevent acid issues & it really does make them taste better if you do not over do it, they are hot so some mineral content will get lost, but this is amazing for balancing the PH of these acidic drinks & mixes in well even if it is iced tea (so you can add to hot or cold beverages)
- Use sole poultice for wounds, cuts, bruises, skin conditions, swelling & infections,soak sole into a paper towel or cloth & hold in place, Use a 50/50 Sole & pure water mixture for poultices.
- Sole water can be inhaled or use in your netti pot, or as nose drops, for these uses mix 1 to 2 tsp of sole water per 1 cup of distilled water. To inhale bring a couple of cups of pure water to a boil & add several tbsp of Sole water to the solution & stand over steam, put a towel over your head if desired for more steam. This is one of the rare time heating Sole water wont stop the health benefits.
- Soak your feet in sole water for relief from stress, for detoxing, to fight illness & for fevers, soak 20 to 30 minutes, repeat as needed, simply add 1 tbsp of your homemade sole water per 1 cup of pure water. Rest after, great done before bed.
- For sore throat, swollen tonsils, cough & congestion add 1 tbsp of Sole water to one cup of pure water & gargle every few minutes until the cup is gone, repeat as needed.
- Soaking in bath to detox, ward off cold, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, aches, pains etc add several cups of coarse or bigger salt crystals in your hot bath, allow to dissolve & soak 30 minutes (make sure to stay hydrated by drinking pure water. Rest after climbing out of tub for at least 45 minutes to an hour, great done before bed.
- For Headaches & Migraines, Take a few swallows of Sole water in pure water (made the same way as your morning mixture) You can make it stronger if that is what works for you, soak a towel in Sole water & lay across forehead as you close you eyes & rest.
- After any procedure such as oral surgery, lost tooth, tooth extraction, cleaning, filling etc add some sole water to your mouth & hold over area several minutes, then swish several minutes & spit out. Repeat as needed.
Did you know? Symptoms such as digestive issues/constipation, low energy/fatigue, too much or dried mucous (congestion), and, over time, osteoporosis and other issues could be connected to a lack of good usable organic sodium. Shocking, isn’t it? Society has been so conditioned to lower salt intake that the message of good salt and how much we need it for good health has been totally lost. In fact, many people are suffering because they lack proper assessment and treatment. Most health care practitioners aren’t trained to look for it, and it’s so easy to reverse! Our body is always striving to maintain its natural balance. (this great article here)
You can now follow me on Instagram & keep up with my photos of great products, or whatever musings I may have, follow me raising6kids here.
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling? That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
- Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
- Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil. (click link for ordering info)
- To buy your own The Silver Edge Micro Particle Colloidal Silver generator online click here
- If ordering the generator by phone or mail tell them my code so they know I sent you, my code is: Raising6kids
- Facebook Pages:
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- My DIY Facebook page: NFR6K My DIY Life
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids