It is Fall Gardening time!
As soon as you have minute check out The Garden Harvest Supply Website, I could spend hours looking at all the great items they sell, & it is never to soon to get your supplies ready for your spring garden or you could try your hand at a fall garden if you have never tried it.
To pin this blog post to Pinterest go here
I must say that the folks at Garden Harvest Supply are very friendly, & ship fast with good communication. I was in Contact with Joseph. So he picked a few products for me to review.
So as I mentioned above they sell Garden supplies from Organic Vegetable seeds & Garden tools, to Pest control & everything in between, & they are offering fall vegetable plants ready to ship now, so check them out & see what plants you might want to have for your fall garden here.
And while you are on the website create an account & start earning reward points for every purchase.
But that’s not all they sell so make sure & Check them out, you will be pleased you did.
Planting a fall garden with a family
Planting a garden & letting your children help is a valuable life lesson, & one our kids enjoy. Some of our favorite fall vegetables that are available right now on GardenHarvestSupply.com are:
Beets: We like beets pickled, or in homemade juice, lacto fermented, in salads, or cooked as a side. So healthy & tasty.
Cabbage: Oh so many uses, from cole slaw to cabbage rolls & everything in between, cabbage is also a juicing favorite in out house, try some cabbage & apple juice combined, emm, emm I even have a awesome pan fried cabbage recipe here.
Carrot & Raisin Salad
- Grate about 3 to 4 cups of carrots
- Grate 1 cup of apple of choice
- add around a cup of raisins
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- & stir in Mayo or yogurt to your desired amount (try using homemade mayo in this recipe here)
- Chill & serve
Broccoli: Awesome raw or cooked, great in salads, or as broccoli slaw, we even like some in our juice.
Kale: We love, love Kale, it is great in salads, or cooked but we mostly like Kale chips. Yes I am going to share my Kale chip recipe🙂
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (we have used aluminum foil too, but the paper does better.
- Cut off tender pieces of the kale, removing stems, keep the size around 50 cent piece, wash & pat dry
- Lightly drizzle room temp coconut oil or Palm shortening (or oil of choice) on Kale in mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, or any other seasoning like garlic powder & mix up.
- Put onto pan & cook 10 to 15 minutes checking every 5 minutes to make sure Kale chips do not burn, they should be light a crispy when done.
- a healthy after school snack my kids love & ask for as often as they can
baked Kale chips
Mrs. Millers Homemade Jam.
Info on Garden Harvest Supply website on these Jams:
The recipes for Mrs. Millers’ jams and jellies have been handed down through generations. These delicious homemade jams and jellies are made by an old-order Amish family, the Millers, right on their farm in Ohio. All of Mrs. Miller’s Jam and Jellies are made from fresh, all-natural ingredients with no artificial preservatives.
Info on the Black Raspberry Jam here.
Mrs. Miller’s Homemade Seedless Black Raspberry Jam is chock-full of the juicy, flavorful black raspberries you love, but not the seeds. Just purely fruit-ful!
- Sugar, black raspberries, water, pectin, lemon juice, citric acid.
Right away I was excited that this jam was seedless, yup I am one of those who does not like little seeds in my jams & jellies. We loved this jam on toast & homemade biscuits, in oatmeal & on pancakes. With 8 in the family the jar did not last to long (I knew I should have hidden it lol), I love the flavor & the fresh berry scent.
For us Jams & Jellies are a treat, we do not use them daily, & this was a treat we truly enjoyed. From the first pop of the lid being opened to scraping the bottom it tasted & smelled just like homemade.
So if you can not make your own Jam, or would like to just give a jar as a gift this Jam night be right for you
Of course my kids favorite use for this Jam was with our homemade nut butters on a sandwich & I am pretty sure that is how 80% of it was used. This Jam complimented the homemade nut butters very well.
So go check out GardenHarvestSupply.com & see what you can find to fall in love with.
Disclaimer: GardenHarvestSupply.com provided me with free samples of products to review, and I was under no obligation to review it. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review.
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only, & is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments.
If you think you, or anyone in your home or who are under your care, are ill or in need medical treatment, please seek the needed medical treatment Any of the information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own.
- To contact me: Go here
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids