Yup it is review time again!
Tropical Traditions / Household Traditions Dishwasher Detergent
To pin this post on Pinterest
I decided to giveaway & review this dishwasher detergent because I could easily carry it with me on vacation & I could also let other members of my family try it & It could be put to the test on dishes from large gatherings & a multitude of foods & several different dishwashers. So yes this detergent got a major workout for 8 days. The giveaway ended today & I got back from vacation the other day so now it is now time to add my review of this product. And I also have a few great DIY Ideas for using this product, but I am sure that comes as no surprise to my fans.
Household Traditions Powdered Dishwasher Detergent With Enzymes is free of: Chlorine, Phosphates, Fillers & Fragrances . Though you can use a rinse aid with Household Traditions Powdered Dishwasher Detergent, it is not necessary, as it leaves your dishes spotless and clean! (As with any dishwashing detergent, do not use on real silver as tarnishing may occur).
To read all my reviews on Tropical Traditions products go here
- Well as my fans & followers know I love Tropical Traditions products, I have not yet found one product I do not love & that includes the products they send me to review & the products I have purchased myself. From Lip moisturizer to raw coconut oil, Natural dish liquid to Protein powder Tropical Traditions is an amazing company to deal with & to purchase from, top-notch customer service & high quality products. Nothin better!
- The Powdered dishwasher detergent arrived just a day or 2 before we left for FL to go on vacation with family, so I just packed it & took it along. It was used everyday with such great results that my Aunt ordered her 2 containers that arrived while I was still visiting her (yup super fast shipping by Tropical Traditions) My cousin’s wife & another family member also took enough for 1 load & used it & loved it. My cousins wife said her dishwasher had rust builtup inside & just doing one load with this powdered dish detergent got rid of all the rust.(they all might be converts now LOL) Anyhow the dishwasher ran sometimes 2 to 3 times a day & everything looked awesome, no greasy or spotty dishes & they felt clean not covered in residue of any kind. We used it straight the first 3 days sometimes adding white vinegar as a rinse aid sometimes adding nothing extra & every time without any issues. After that we used the below DIY mixture created & loved by my Aunt. This powdered dishwasher detergent was put to the test time & time again & passed with flying colors.
- So if you are looking for a safe alternative to commercial dishwasher detergents this product might just be the answer, but wait! How about DIY detergent? or better yet using the Tropical Traditions powdered dishwasher detergent in DIY recipes?
DIY & Dishwasher powder:
Ok yes I must create DIY ideas from this dishwasher powder, that’s just the frugal me, if it is going to be in my home it will have multiple uses & be used in DIY recipes 🙂
Hand washing dish soap: 4 cups hot water, 1 tbsp. of Tropical Traditions Powdered Dishwasher detergent, 4 tbsp. Tropical traditions dish liquid, dissolve well & add to leftover liquid dish soap container, use as normal. Optional add washing soda &/or Borax.
Dishwasher powder: Equal parts Tropical Traditions, Powdered Dishwasher detergent, Borax & Washing soda, mixed & stored in a seal tight container, use 1 to 3 tbsp. per load depending on your water & machine. No need to add a rinse aid for most water types but if needed use white vinegar &/or lemon juice or Epsom salt. (you could also add some Epsom salt to the mixture) We used this for most of my FL trip & loved it, the credit goes to my Aunt for this DIY mixture. (great to get rid of rust)
Rust: To get rust out of dishwasher just run a wash with the above mixture or use this dish powder strait, you can also scrub with it as needed. To clean rust from toilets, tile, grout, sinks or whatever use the above mixture & scrub with a brush.
Laundry booster: Equal parts Borax, Washing soda, Tropical traditions Powdered Dishwasher detergent & Tropical Traditions powdered laundry detergent, mix together & store in airtight container, use as normal. Option to add Epsom salt.
White clothes pre-Soak: 3 gallons hot water, 2 tbsp. Tropical Traditions Powdered Dishwasher detergent, 2 tbsp. Borax & 3 tbsp. lemon juice, dissolve in water, add whites like underwear, socks or other white garments, bedding or towels. Soak several hours or overnight, this can be done right in the washer & then just run a normal cycle. Or just add the wet clothes right to a normal washing.
Coffee & tea stains on china, stainless pots or other dishes: Make a paste with the Tropical Traditions Powdered Dishwasher detergent & the Tropical traditions dish liquid & scrub the stains, you can also allow the paste to sit on stain before scrubbing.
Tub, Tile & grout cleaner: Mix equal parts Tropical Traditions Powdered Dishwasher detergent & baking soda with either water or Tropical traditions dish liquid & scrub then rinse
What about you, what DIY ideas would you use this Tropical Traditions, Powdered Dishwasher detergent for?
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. _______________________________________________________
I am NOT a doctor. This page is for education only, and is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always talk with your health practitioner before taking any herbs or supplements.
Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter Facebook Blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog Virgin Coconut Oil, Gold Label – 1 quart How to Use Coconut Oil: There are hundreds of uses!
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
- “If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own.
- Contact details: Go to my Facebook & contact me, or contact on Twitter