Recipes from my family to yours!
I originally had both these recipes in another blog post, but I decided to Share them again with you because we love them so much
To pin this blog post on Pinterest
Did somebody say Ranch dressing? yes I think that was me!
Homemade ranch is a thing of beauty, once you tried it store-bought or packaged will be oh so yucky (original blog post)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or one diced up fine garlic clove is even better)
- 1/4 teaspoon natural salt
- 1 cup real mayonnaise (you could even make your own mayo & use it recipe here)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or better yet use milk kefir or homemade yogurt)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, minced (or use dried parsley flakes)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (or fresh thinly sliced & minced onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Bragg apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (or fresh)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup homemade buttermilk or regular milk (as needed for desired consistency)
- Optional 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Optional 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional 1 teaspoon of almost any Spike
- Optional 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Optional 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (we like to use Bragg liquid Aminos instead)
In a bowl, combine ingredients Add the buttermilk to desired consistency and mix to combine, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thinning with more buttermilk if needed., store in air tight container
And how about a family favorite: Chicken noodle casserole.
This can be made so many ways it never gets old, it is one of my families favorites, & we make it with any leftover meat we have so sometimes its ham casserole, or beef casserole etc. This is our go to meal on nights we have little time to cook, you know those days where it feels like you could not just breathe & count to 10 so much is going on, yea that’s casserole night here, plus my teens are very good at making it too (original blog post here)
- 3 cups of diced cold left over chicken
- 1 cup of homemade chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp finely fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp natural salt
- 2 crushed fresh garlic cloves
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup flour of choice (or corn starch, arrow-root, or potato starch, but you will need less of these)
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 1 or 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 bags of egg noodles (or other pasta or homemade pasta, or potatoe pasta)
- optional: Left over, fresh, frozen or canned over brocoli, peas, mushrooms, spinach, green peppers etc (1 to 2 cups)
Cook noodles & set aside, Preheat oven to 350, in a saucepan add chicken, stock, water, parsley, pepper, salt, garlic, onions & milk,(add any veges now) bring to simmer stirring , slowly add flour till thickness desired, you can add more milk & more flour to make more. remove from heat , stir noodles & chicken gravy together, add 1/2 of cheese & stir *if desired add in homemade bread crumbs & a whisked egg), add to greased baking pan, top with cheese & bake till desired doneness( optional add bread crumbs to top before baking) you can even add homemade tomato sauce & paste instead of milk & flour, you can also use cream of mushroom soup but we avoid that (MSG) we have also used leftover Rice, Beans or Quinoa instead of pasta
Referral links: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil, Green label Virgin coconut oil, Palm Oil, Palm shortening, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Organic Sesame oil, Coconut water Vinegar, Organic Apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar Pink Himalayan salt, Organic spices.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
I am NOT a doctor. This page is for education only, and is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always talk with your health practitioner before taking any herbs or supplements.
- Main page: Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
- Secondary blog page: Natural & Frugal raising6kids.wordpress.com Blog
- Tropical Traditions video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.”
I do accept products to review on my blog
- My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own.
- To contact me: Go here
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids